Thursday, April 23, 2009

Even kittens don't help

So it’s been a while, huh?

We’re on vacation in Helen, celebrating 10 years together and 1 year of marriage. It’s beautiful out here. We took a trip around Helen proper, it’s pretty cute. We went up to Anna Ruby Falls, which was nice. We’ve been hanging round in the cabin and enjoying the screened in hot tub with the TV over it. Way more fun than watching from the couch!

The only dark spot is that I didn’t get the job I interviewed for. That’s a pretty big downer, but oh well… there are better opportunities for me out there, I guess.

So now I have to find an internship. I’m not sure how likely it is that I’ll be able to work one out with work, I talked to the big boss about it when he told me they’d decided to hire my competitor and he suggested heading to Emory. Uh… I can’t afford to quit my job and take an unpaid internship, since it’s paying for the degree I’m trying to finish with the internship and my husband’s job doesn’t pay enough to support both of us. Argh. I explained that to him so we’ll see.

Hubby said I could have a kitten to help curb the bitter disappointment. Surprisingly enough it doesn’t help.

I’ve picked up the second orange mystery sock… after 80 million years. I have to wait until I get back to the house to see the first sock and see how I finished it… since it was oh… like 8-9 months ago that I finished it.

I’m headed to stitches south on Sunday. Exciting. I’m taking a sweater fitting class. Hopefully it will inspire me to make more sweaters.

I’ve been terrible about running the last two weeks. The 5K is going to kick my butt.

No comments: